Managing pain

Todaythere was a program on television about a young lady who was overweight and she was desperate to lose the weight and did not want to go through the pains of dieting or exercise. The moment she mentioned that she did not want to actually do something to lose the weight my gut knew that the solution she would choose would get her into trouble. The solution she chose was to get an operation, the price for such an operation was 6500 dollars an amount she did not have. To cut the long story short she found some one who needed help to import drugs from South American into the United States. She of course got caught and spent 23 months in prison. 

Why is this short story relevant to my lifeWhat are the parallel can I draw or lessons from it. I have been thinking that all the weight gained from medication could easily disappear if I had a minor operation. It not cheating or anything but I just do not have the patience to do all the hard work required to lose 10 kg. It not as if I want to look like a model or something. I just want to walk up the stairs without feeling so out of breathEach time I see staircases I panic. I am so out of shape. Ten years ago, I had gained almost as much weight but at that time, I gained weight due to minor depression I would think. I did not care what I looked like anymore. I had was unhappy with where my life was, and I just let myself go. After the situation was resolved, I got into the gym and got into shape. I made a pact with myself that I would at least do 10 000 steps every single day. I have made the same pact with myself this time again. The major difference is that the weight came as a result of the much needed medication to help keep me alive. I have not done any exercise for over five years if not six 

have come realise that i need to make small goals. I am too hard on myself. I know that I will probably not be completely healthy againInstead of trying to accomplish everything at once I will take one small goal at a time. The first one being "Managing my pain levels". 

Comments