Nothing to do with my chronic conditions - just a reflection

Every time i see successful women I want to be like them. The problem is I do not know how to get where they got. I know they had to be committed to something. Then I ask myself. What am I committed to? What is my passion? Growing up in Africa, the only thing you learn as a child is the art of survival. You are taught to go to the right schools and choose a nice white collar career which will get you a medium size office where you will be given meaningless work to do. You have no idea what effects your labour has on citizens. There is no connection between what you do and what results it has on the people you do it for. On the contrary, people are supposed to come to your medium size office and treat you with respect in return for your performance. Is that not sad when you think about it. I have lived in a country for 30 years, where a civil servant serves the people. Your salary comes from taxpayers money and you are supposed to used that money to add value to people's lives.

My home country or my country of birth is warm. Not only in climate but the people too are warm and kind. The meagre resources could very well sustain peoples lives. The only problem is that the few people who manage the economy of the nation think that the money is for their own personal use. They share it among themselves without any shame or sense of guilt. Civil service is no longer a service to the people but a place where you can abuse your power. The people are poorer now than they should be considering how long it has been since we gained our "independence". Independence for us means that there has been a shift in who the masters are. The new masters look just like us and are more brutal.

Humm I wonder how Africa will look like in 10 years.

Bildresultat för map of africa

Comments